How to stop synchronizing after trial ends

You want to synchronize your Mobile Phone with other Microsoft Outlook folders than default-folders? So you can have a look at OLMixedFolders.
ECollins

How to stop synchronizing after trial ends

Post by ECollins »

How do I stop synching a public folder with my Contacts folder now that my trial has ended? Removing categories didn't work.
Sven
Site Admin

Re: How to stop synchronizing after trial ends

Post by Sven »

After deinstallation of OLMixedFolders the sync will stop.

Or do you mean that you want to remove the synced items from your default folder?
ECollins

Post by ECollins »

I can't find this program's uninstall listed in the Control Panel. What's it called? Yes, it continues to sync even though the tab is now missing in the Properties dialog boxes. I've deleted my Outlook profile and recreated it, cleared Offline Items, deleted what I could find from the Windows registry and yet it continues to sync contacts with the Public Folder. I even tried reinstalling the program to disable syncing but since the trial period has ended I can't. This is frustrating!
ECollins

Post by ECollins »

I was originally unwilling to risk a problem by deleting the sync'd items in my Contacts list for fear it would erase them from the public folder too, but went ahead and deleted them and everything's fine. Maybe you could setup the trial version so that when it expires it asks whether you want to remove the sync'd items (or did it ask that)?
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

OK, now i understand. You thought that it is syncing all the time even it was deinstalled. Your problem were that the items are still exists on the defaultfolder.
Ok, i don't know if this is a good idea, to remove the synced items. But, i will think about it.

SIL