Win 10 compatibility

The Netlistener OPC-Server is a convenient network watchdog. It provides status data on network devices through SNMP ICMP.
HST Padberg

Win 10 compatibility

Post by HST Padberg »

Hello erveryone,

last week i upgraded a pc with win 7 to windows 10. Every Patch availeble was installed and i used the last known version of the opc server.

Every time I start the SNMP listener a window opens and the entries in the connection list are connected. This appears to work quite normally. When it's done, the listener waits for connection an close after a couple of seconds.
I tried to read the OPC Data with the Cassel OPC client. The connection is established, but delivers bad quality for all values.
Also the Windows System enlists every 10 seconds a DCOM failure while the OPC Server runs.

Are there known issues with Win10, or another Version to run on Win10?
The used Version is 2.32
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Win 10 compatibility

Post by Sven »

Hello,

I tested it last year on win10 with no problems. I will test it again is I am back from my holiday at the end of this week.

BR
SIL
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

I just installed it on a win10pro pc.
I added the feature SNMP and made the public community available
I installed an OPC Client and it was working with it.
windows10.JPG
windows10.JPG (179.92 KiB) Viewed 5064 times
HST Padberg

Post by HST Padberg »

Hello,
I tested the whole thing again and found out that missing permissions lead to the problems.
Even though everything was started by the same user, it must be started explicitly as "Administrator" :shock: . The server and all programs that want to access the data.