Save attachments to subfolder

The Exchange service EEAttachments can save your attachments or mails automatically to your file-system and process it by your own scripts.
Greenman

Save attachments to subfolder

Post by Greenman »

Would it be possible to save all attachments per email in a subfolder? I have the requirement to keep all attachments together. I do know the feature to add an exportdate but I'm afraid attachments from two emails will arrive within the same timestamp.

At the moment I use the .eml file to group them together again but I'm running into issues with special characters ( I think MIME encoding) like ë which converts to C+.

Any suggestions?
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Save attachments to subfolder

Post by Sven »

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Hello Sven,

thank you for you suggestion. This is something like I also built. But then the filename is not always converted properly. Pesées is converted to PesxE9es making it unable to know the name of the attachment which has to be moved to another folder. I would also run into issues when suppliers keep sending emails the same filenames like 'invoice.pdf' every month or may be even five in a row.

Any other suggestion?
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

But the filename should be like it is in the mail if you don't change it in the script. Please provide the script you made.
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

I used a .bat file, there the conversion went wrong. I now saw all your PowerShell scripts and moved to a PS script. Thank you for your help.