sync errors - request failed

Synchronize or migrate your Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes or folders with the ExMixedFolders Exchange service.
dimitris

sync errors - request failed

Post by dimitris »

Hi,

I am getting the following errors in ExMixedFolders.log:
- Retry Trying:L3.ItemBindAsync 127.0.0.1 LastDelay: 0 RetryCount: 1 OnError:The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
- Retry Trying:L3.ItemBindAsync 127.0.0.1 LastDelay: 0 RetryCount: 1 OnError:The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
- Retry Trying:L3.UpdateItem LastDelay: 0 RetryCount: 1 OnError:The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
- Retry Trying:L3.UpdateItem LastDelay: 0 RetryCount: 1 OnError:The request failed. The operation has timed out
- Retry Trying:L3.ItemBindAsync 127.0.0.1 LastDelay: 0 RetryCount: 1 OnError:The request failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Running Exchange 2010 sp3, on server 2012

Using the following configuration:
conf.png
conf.png (66.83 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
From FolderStatistics.html:
stats.png
stats.png (14.54 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
What could possibly be the reason for the errors?

Regards,
Dimitris
Sven
Site Admin

Re: sync errors - request failed

Post by Sven »

It can be Exchange-Trottling. You can try to set the MaxDegreeOfParallelismAutoMax parameter in C:\Programms(x86)\Somebytes\ExMixedFolders\ExMixedFolders.exe.conf to 4 and the MaxDegreeOfParallelismAutoInit to 2.
dimitris

Post by dimitris »

Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

You are right, it seems to be a throttling issue.
When Parallelism is 1 (MaxDegreeOfParallelismDec: 1 ThreadMin: 4, from ExMixedFolders.log) I get no errors. But I guess I don't have to worry much about these errors. By the way the CPU has 4 cores and 4 threads.
Also, I see that InSync is 0 and InErrorState remains 1, in FolderStatistics.html. Shouldn't InErrorState go to 0, at some time?
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hi, Yes it should so to 0 at some time.
But it can be that you have to reset again because if the error was times if doesn't retry.