Calendar items duplicated or not being deleted

Synchronize or migrate your Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes or folders with the ExMixedFolders Exchange service.
mgiconsultores

Calendar items duplicated or not being deleted

Post by mgiconsultores »

We have four unidirectional sync jobs for calendar items. Three of them are showing that there are more items in destination than in source calendar (589 source items and 1006 destination items, it's the job with the bigest difference). We think that some deletions are not being replicated to destination or that some source changes are creating duplicated items in destination.
We don't know howto diagnose the problem. When we create, modify or delete test calendar items, everything works fine, but changes or deletes made by users seem to fail to sync randomly. Can we change logging level to be more detailed?

The exmixedfolders version we have is 1.32
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Calendar items duplicated or not being deleted

Post by Sven »

Yes, you can change loglevel like described in manual. Then you can make a deletion and see if something is happening.
Did you have items in the targetfolder, before you have started?
mgiconsultores

Post by mgiconsultores »

Hello Sven,
The manual I have only explains how to change logging from file to Windows Event log:

'Should you encounter problems with the service, you can look up the service’s error messages in the Windows event log or in the log file. The file in which you can find the error message depends on the configuration of the file: “ExMixedFolders.exe.config”.
<ExMixedFolders.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="Logging" serializeAs="String">
<value>1</value>
</setting>
</ExMixedFolders.Properties.Settings>
If the value is set to 1, events will be written in the fileExMixedFolders.log under C:\programdata\exmixedfolders. If the value is set to 0, the data can be found in the Windows event log.'

I need to know if it's possible to set another value (other than 1 or 0) to get more details.

The source and target folders had exactly the same items when I was using version 1.27. Then I updated to version 1.32, and begun to see the duplicated or non deleted items in target calendars. So, target folders had items before starting with exmixedfolders 1.32, but they were replicas created with exmixedfolders 1.27. Anyway, the problem seems to happen with new items (a new item is created in source, then synched to target correctly, and then if the source item is modified the target item is duplicated or not deleted). I have found two possible errors in the log, that I show in lines below:

I:2015-06-11T12:23:05 ( T:45)=>(Intermedia N2 - iAgenda N2) FTS:CHANGED|Create:RS* ENTREGA PREMIOS CONCURSO PINTURA PERSONAS SINDROME DOWN (/Principio del almacén de información/Calendario/ => /Principio del almacén de información/Calendario/)
I:2015-06-11T12:23:05 ( T:45)=>(Intermedia N2 - iAgenda N2) Delete item not possible, => Accepted Meetingrequest
I:2015-06-11T12:59:19 ( T:30)=>(Agenda Int Maqueta2 - iAgendaMaqueta2) FTS:NEW|Create:RS ENTREGA PREMIOS SOCIALES FUND MAPFRE Y ALMUERZO (/Principio del almacén de información/Calendario/ => /Principio del almacén de información/Calendario/)
I:2015-06-11T12:59:19 ( T:42)=>(Intermedia N2 - iAgenda N2) FTS:NEW|Create:RS ENTREGA PREMIOS SOCIALES FUND MAPFRE Y ALMUERZO (/Principio del almacén de información/Calendario/ => /Principio del almacén de información/Calendario/)
I:2015-06-11T12:59:19 ( T:30)=>(Agenda Int Maqueta2 - iAgendaMaqueta2) deleted item not found (already deleted)
I:2015-06-11T12:59:19 ( T:42)=>(Intermedia N2 - iAgenda N2) deleted item not found (already deleted) .
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

You should find the entry loglevel and set it to 2 then it will create debugentries.