rebooting the server where EXMixedFolders is running

Synchronize or migrate your Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes or folders with the ExMixedFolders Exchange service.
lrziemer

rebooting the server where EXMixedFolders is running

Post by lrziemer »

The server where ExMixedFolders is running is rebooted on a weekly basis. The ExMixedFolders service is set to start automatically. However, when we reboot the server, the log file shows a number of entries that the server is unavailable. Although the service is running, the sync process does not re-activate properly. It is necessary to do a ReStart on the ExMixedFolders service process before entries are populated from the public folder to the individual users.

This morning we did try stopping the service before rebooting the server. This did not help. I have asked my technicians to add a step to restart the ExMixedFolders service to our weekly reboot sequence.

Can you help me determine why the service will not re-activate correctly when the server is rebooted?

Thanks,
Laura Ziemer
Douglas County Minnesota USA
Sven
Site Admin

Re: rebooting the server where EXMixedFolders is running

Post by Sven »

Please set the service to "DelayedAutoStart". If this doesn't help, I will try to change it in the service itselfe. I have the same issue on the german board.
lrziemer

Post by lrziemer »

I will be out of the office this Wednesday so will not be available to test the change in the service start parameter. I will try this option next week and report back.
Thanks.
lrziemer

Post by lrziemer »

setting the service to delay start seems to have resolved the problem of the sync jobs not activating when the server is restarted.

However, I now have a conf file corrupt msg for the last syncjob. I deleted and recreated the job with a different name. Still says it is corrupt. Not sure if this applies but the license count in the configuration utility says Licenses 7 of 5. I purchased 4 licenses to go with the one free one for my 5 users.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Yes, this message comes up if you are using more licenses then you have bought.
The licence is counted for each mailbox, not for the job.
lrziemer

Post by lrziemer »

I am doing one PublicFolder calendar to 4 user's and then a different PF calendar to a 5th user. How many licenses should I need? I have 5 syncjobs created. Thinking the first mailbox was free, I purchased 4 licenses.
greenas

Post by greenas »

I am having the same problem, i have done everything above but still getting .conf file is corrupt.
I purchased 4 licenses as the first is free and i am syncing a public calender to private calendars on 5 mailboxes using 5 connections and 5 syncjobs.
The bottom of the screen says licenses: 5 of 5 so i am not over my licensing.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hallo,

Please open the Explorer in C:\ProgramData\ExMixedFolders\ here you should see some service.conf files. Please check if there are more than you have configured. If so, please delete the one you don't need.

BR
Sven