Configuring OPC Netlistner

The Netlistener OPC-Server is a convenient network watchdog. It provides status data on network devices through SNMP ICMP.
whittye

Configuring OPC Netlistner

Post by whittye »

Hi,

I am trying to set up your OPC Netlistner product for a customer. Can you tell me where I configure the list of servers I want to ping/processes to view?

Thanks,

Eamon.
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Configuring OPC Netlistner

Post by Sven »

Yes,

There are two ways to configure. First ist dynamic items from client oder static items from tagnames.dat file in the OPC-NEtlistener folder.
1.) Dynamic: Please take your OPC Client and define a variable named like the servers hostname, or ip address. Now you have configured a icmp watchdog for this host for example.
2.) Static Please opebn the tagnames.dat and write one item each line. Now you have preconfigured items in the server which you can browse from the OPC client.

bye
Sven Ilius
whittye

Post by whittye »

Thanks,

I have an OPC Client configured from the customer and want to change some of the devices they are pointing to. When I remove the OPC tag relating to the old device from their OPC client, that device still seems to exist when I browse the OPC server from other OPC clients. I've tried restarting the machine but the tags still seem to be there. I've checked for the .dat file and none seems to exist. Is there anywhere else these this configuration could be held?

Regards,

Eamon.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

If you configure the server from client, the items resists till the end of the instance of the opc-server. If you configure from file, the server will load the items each time it starts. Could it be that you have in client something which is storing the old configuration ? Can you send me a screenshot or something else ?
Yes, the tagnames.dat will be there only if you have created.