Outlook 2010 keeps Crasing - Had to Disable OLMixedFolders

You want to synchronize your Mobile Phone with other Microsoft Outlook folders than default-folders? So you can have a look at OLMixedFolders.
itservices

Outlook 2010 keeps Crasing - Had to Disable OLMixedFolders

Post by itservices »

We downloaded OLMixedFolders 1.46 from your website and installed it on a Windows 7 (64bit OS) with Outlook 2010 (32)bit - installed the regular english version per your website info. Installed it as a trial on my computer before installing it on the company owners computer for obvious reasons - I am the IT Manager and the Operations Manager and have multiple accounts, hundreds of calendar entries etc. - it was working great and still is after about 4 days of regular use. I purchased a license for the owner's computer. I installed it on the company owners computer (same OS and Office versions) and setup the same way. Two issues have surfaced - 1. I don't see any way to enter the license information - it did not ask for it during installation, I don't see anyplace to add, the email with the license didn't have any instructions and I can't find any instructions on your website to input the license code - Am I missing it? 2. The bigger issue - Outlook 2010 on the owners computer continuously crashes and has to recover - about every 4-5 crashed it says Outlook has recovered from a serious problem with the addin OLMixedFolders - do you want to disable? If we don't disable - it crashes again after about 5-10 minutes - I have temporarily disabled it - but now their calendar info is no longer updated with their iphone which is not going to work. Any help with these two issues would be appreciated.
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2010 keeps Crasing - Had to Disable OLMixedFolde

Post by Sven »

Hello,

Sorry for the problems.

1.) It is so that I don't have a possibility to insert the key before the 30 days are over. I will hope to make one on next versions.
2.) Could you please send me some debuglogs from one of that computers to info @ somebytes.de You can find the dialog to make debuglogs in START=>Programs=>OLMixedFolders=>Extended. There are 2 checkboxes where you can tell OLMixedFolders to log into the window.
edisonre

Post by edisonre »

Hi, has this been resolved? We are having the same issue with Outlook crashing. Outlook 2003, Windows 7 64-bit. We are using the trial currently.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hello,

Is it version 1.48. Please click send me an error log after Outlook has crashed. You can create it (OL2010) from File=>Options=>Add-Ins=>AddInOptions=>OLMIxedFolders

mfg
SIL
bjbiking

Post by bjbiking »

I've been using OLMixedFolders for a couple of years without any issues. I installed it successfully on my new Laptop about 8 months ago and again no issues until recently. I have Windows 8.1, Outlook 2010 32 bit version and iCloud. I use OLMixedFolders to sync my iCloud calendar with my local calendar which allows me to do searches via Categories. In the last couple of weeks I've been getting Outlook CRASHES that are being reported by Outlook as being caused by OLMixedFolders. Only change I can think of is the update to Windows 8.1.

I'm not sure what to do to resolve this? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

BJ
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Do you have a Version with 1.49.?? ? If not you should install it.
bjbiking

Post by bjbiking »

I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version 1.49. So far all seems to be working :)

Will I need to do something to re-register it? I didn't see an option to add my license key?
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

No, should be still registered, since the old Version was installed.
bjbiking

Post by bjbiking »

Thank you for all your help! All seems to be working nicely now. One thing I did have to do was to archive old calendar items. I had over 4,000 calendar items going back to 2004. The amount of calendar items to synchronize seemed to be overwhelming for OLMixedFolders. I archived everything before 2012 and now it's running smoothly.