setup - Outlook & iCloud

You want to synchronize your Mobile Phone with other Microsoft Outlook folders than default-folders? So you can have a look at OLMixedFolders.
PEvans

Re: setup - Outlook & iCloud

Post by PEvans »

I believe so.

In "properties" for OL Tasks on the OLMixedFolders tab the checked box says "Each object gets this category" and the field below says "Tasks."

There is a box labeled "Folders which are linked with this" and it says "Tasks" there also.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hello,

Should be ok. If you want, I can check everything by TeamViewer.
PEvans

Post by PEvans »

I am confused about what you suggest.

The default Outlook tasks folder has 511 items, but the iCloud tasks folder has only 88 items after enabling OLMixedFolders, so apparently not all of the items were copied over by OLMixedFolders. Based on your questions OLMixedFolders is configured correctly.

Should I disable OLMixedFolders, delete the items in the iCloud tasks folder, then enable OLMixedFolders as a second try? Or will that cause some of the items in the Outlook Tasks folder to be deleted?
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

No don't delete them. You can disable it if you want. And reconfigure again. And do the same thing on the default calendar as well.

If there are items marked as "private" please check if the filter is set right.
PEvans

Post by PEvans »

I don't believe I have any task items marked "private" but I don't know how to check.

I un-configured and re-configured OLMixedFolders in both the iCloud Tasks and OL Tasks folder, but it did not change anything. Still 511 items in OL Tasks and 88 items in iCloud tasks.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Would you like that I check this by RemoteSession ? http://www.somebytes.net/69-1-Support.html

Start the blue button und write the ID and password to my email it's info@somebytes.de

I am just now here.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Here is a small video which shows the configuration unfortunately in german, but should help although.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOxuk74b3XQ
PEvans

Post by PEvans »

I think the forum was broken for a day or so.

Your time is 9h ahead of mine, so we have to pre-arrange to connect live.

One thing I noticed in the video was in Properties/OLMixedFolders for the iCloud folder you edited the "attach this category to the synchronized objects" box, in your example you changed "kalendars" to "kalendars.icloud" I think. That is then what appeared in the pulldown within Properties/OLMixedFolders for the Outlook folder.

In my case I did not edit that box. When I checked "synchronize this folder", "Tasks" appeared in the box, and I left it.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Yes, tahts right in your case. In the edit box with that category appears the same category you have entered on the iCloud folder.

Now it should be 6 o clock pm on your side. If you have time and you are still on your pc we can try the connection in the next hours?
PEvans

Post by PEvans »

Your post above shows about 12 am Saturday my time. We can do morning your time (late evening my time) if that is best for you. just let me know.