Not Showing up after Install

You want to synchronize your Mobile Phone with other Microsoft Outlook folders than default-folders? So you can have a look at OLMixedFolders.
kewill_000

Not Showing up after Install

Post by kewill_000 »

About 2 months ago I installed OLMixedFolders and it didn't show up. I reinstalled it a few times, uninstalled it and reinstalled it and nothing. Then all of a sudden it showed up. It worked for almost 2 months and then stopped. I checked and it isn't showing up again. I installed it again... still nothing. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it... still nothing. The properties menu shows NOTHING having to do with OLMixedFolders. This is on a Windows 7 machine running Outlook 07 from a SBS Exchange 2003. I had previously used it on Windows XP with no problems at all. Are there known problems with Windows 7? I've searched the internet and can't find anything relating to this.

I really need to get this worked out because the user used to be a Blackberry user and I talked him into an iPhone and he is an attorney and MUST have his calendar available on his phone! H E L P!
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Not Showing up after Install

Post by Sven »

Hello,

Please check if it is disabled from Outlook. You can check this if you click to Extras=>Trustcenter=>AddIns=>Deactivated AddIns.

BR
SIL
kewill_000

Post by kewill_000 »

That was the problem and it is working now. THANK YOU!!!
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

I just purchased OLMixedFolders to fix the problem with syncing my new iPhone 4S with Outlook 2010.

However, after installation, it does not show up in either Calendar's properties (i.e., the default calendar or the iCloud calendar in Outlook). I checked the add-ins as instructed above and it is not listed.

Please advise on how to find it or re-install it.

Thank you.
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

By the way, assuming I do get OLMixedFolder installed, I would like to ask for detailed instructions on how to set it up to have the new iCloud calendar, contacts, & tasks in Outlook sync with the default calendar, contacts, & tasks and vice versa. Then for entries on the iPhone 4S to sync with the iCloud calendar, contacts, & tasks in Outlook etc.

When the iCloud control panel first did the set up, it deleted the default calendar and contacts. Fortunately, I had done an Outlook backup before the iCloud set up, so I was able to restore the default calendar and contacts. For some strange reason, the iCloud set up sent ALL the calendar and contact entries to the web iCloud application and the iPhone, but the iCloud calendar folder in Outlook did not get all of them.

By the way, is there a way to synce Outlook Notes?

Please detail the exact steps because the instructions on your web site are difficult to understand. In other words, the translation is not clear. (No offense intended!)

Danke!
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

The problem at the moment is, that you don't see the tab for OLMixedFolders? Please check if ou can see it on the "installed COM AddIns" Tab in Outlook. You can find it by File=>Options=>AddIns.

If we can see the OLMIxedFolders Tab's we have th know what you want to do, there are two ways of using it. First way is to synchronize your iCloud items into the default folder or other way is to sync the items to a subfolder inside your outlook defaultfolder.
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

That is correct, I do not see the tab for OLMF, and it is not listed in the "installed COM Addins" tab in File-->Options-->Addins. (By the way, I realized I didn't mention I'm using a PC with Windows 7 64bit, if that helps.)

As far as what I want to do: I first want to sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts default folders to the iCloud folder because I was able to backup the default folders from a saved .pst file and they now have all my data. I then want the default folder to sync with the iCloud folder on a routine basis and I want the iPhone device stock calendar and contacts apps to sync with the iCloud Calendar and Contacts folders on my PC routinely.

Thank you!
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

May be, you have installed the x64 version, but you need to install the x86 if you have Office x86. Means it it possible to have Windows x64 but Office x86.
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

I'm sorry, Sven, but I'm not sure I understand: do you mean that your software will not work with the Office 2010 64 bit?

If so, what do I do next? Is there a way to install the 32 bit/x86 version of Office 2010 and not lose any functionality?

I need my calendar and contacts to work by tomorrow when I return to seeing clients etc. Please explain in detail. Thanks.
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

I checked my PC's "C:" drive folders and there is both a "Program Files" folder and a "Program Files (x86)" folder. Microsoft Office has folders in BOTH of them. Does this mean my Office 2010 installation is 32 bit?

Also, I navigated to the registry and found this:

Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook
Registry key: Bitness
Value: either x86

Does this confirm that my version of Office and Outlook are x86 and 32 bit and, therefore, your software should work?

Thanks!