Not Showing up after Install

You want to synchronize your Mobile Phone with other Microsoft Outlook folders than default-folders? So you can have a look at OLMixedFolders.
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Not Showing up after Install

Post by Sven »

Hello,

No there is a x64 and a x86 version of OLMixedFolders. If you have Office x86 you have to install x86 version. If you have 64bit Version of Office, you have to install 64.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

If your Outlook.exe is found in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\, you should install OLMixedFolders-English.exe. If your Outlook.exe is in C:\program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ you should install OLMixedFolders-English_x64.exe
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

O.K., I'm sorry: I didn't realize you were referring to the x86 and x64 versions of OLMIxedFolders, not Office!

Yes, I downloaded the wrong version--x64. I just uninstalled it and downloaded and installed x86. The confusing part is that it's only listed as "30-day trial version" and does not indicate it's the x86/32 bit version.

I now have the OLMF tabs. Now I need to figure out how to configure it. The web site is confusing in the following text for iPhone syncronization:
The now described version is out of date since version 1.46, because now OLMixedFolders can create a further calendar below the default folder. This one you can additionally synchronize with the iPhone.

The iPhone indeed can synchronize subfolders of your default folders in Outlook, but no public folders. Therefore it makes sense to use OLMixedFolders for synchronization. But if you want to create an element on the iPhone which should reach the respective public folders afterwards via OLMixedFolders you will have the problem that you cannot add a category to the element with your iPhone. But now, OLMixedFolders can be set in that way that to EVERY element that comes to the default folder a category can be added. In this case you should use the category of the public folder that should be synchronized. So it can be assured that ALL elements of the default folder will also appear in the public folder.

Now, you will possibly think to your private appointments or appointments that should NOT get to the public folders. If you do not want or can not use the marking “private” which OLMixedFolders does not synchronize on request, then you could enter your extra appointments to a subfolder of the default folder. The synchronization of this folder is already assured by the synchronization software of the iPhone.
As I indicated above, I first want to sync my Outlook Calendar and Contacts default folders to the iCloud folder because I was able to backup the default folders from a saved .pst file and they now have all my data. I then want the default folder to sync with the iCloud folder on a routine basis and I want the iPhone device stock calendar and contacts apps to sync with the iCloud Calendar and Contacts folders on my PC routinely.

Please demonstrate how to do this in the OLMF tabs. Which tabs should I use? For example, do I need to make changes to both the default OLMF tab and the iCloud tab? When I enter "categories," what terms should I use? Thank you.
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

By the way, I am NOT using an Exchange account. My Outlook is for personal use only; therefore, there are NO "public folders" installed. I didn't know what "public folders were, but a quick google search seems to indicate that these are for people who share Outlook folders with others. I do not do so. But I do like the fact that your software allows for this feature in case I do sometime in the future.

As I asked above, therefore, what are the best settings in the Tabs? Thanks.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hello,

The best way is to configure OLMixedFolders first. You can put the backup later into the folders you want.

1.) Right-click on the iCloud calendar folder you want to synchronize with the Outlook-defaultfolder => properties => OLMixedFolders.
2.) Now tick the first and second checkbox. ( Sync / and both directions )
3.) Read the category name in the categry-editbox. ( you can change it if you want )
4.) Navigate to the default-folder of appointments right click => properties => OLMixedFolders.
5.) Tick the checkbox and select the category we just have used.
6.) Test if everything works with appointments.
7.) Now proceed with the contacts folder like above.

If everything works fine open the backuped pst file, open the calendar folder of it and copy every appointment. Paste it into the default-folder. Do the same for contacts.
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

I believe I already did as you instructed, but let's make sure:

In the default "Calendar (Personal Folders)" folder, "Each object gets this category" is checked and "Calendar" is in the text box. In the "Folders which" box, "Calendar" is listed, as well.

In the iCloud "Calendar-iCloud" folder, "Synchronize" and "Changes in both directions" is checked. In the "Attach this category to the synchronized objects" box, "Calendar" is listed. In the "Only items in this category will be synchronized" boxes: in the box on the left side, I typed "Calendar," and then I clicked on the ">>" arrows and put "Calendar" in the box on the right side. The box on the left is now empty. I have only checked the "Do not synchronize meeting requests" because I do not share Outlook with anyone.

When I first clicked the "Refresh" iCloud button in the top ribbon, some of the appointments were copied over from the default Calendar to the iCloud calendar. NOTE: I had already imported my backup .pst. file!

So, NOT ALL of the appointments have synced to the iCloud calendar yet. I have clicked the "Refresh" button repeatedly.

So what should I do next to get the calendars to match?

Thanks.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hello,

Please remove the category "Calendar" from "Only items in this category will be synchronized" because this is only a filter we don't need in this scenario.

BR
SIL
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

O.K., after the work week during which I didn't want to try anything with my calendar, I've adjusted the settings according to your last post.

I then turned on iCloud control panel and went through the set up, and I turned on iCloud on the iPhone.

Everything seemed to sync just fine; however, it took a very long time for the default calendar folder and the iCloud folder to sync.

Then I deleted a few appointments in the default folder and clicked the iCloud "refresh" button on the Outook toolbar/ribbon. It now seems to by syncing, but the changes have not synced; again, it seems to be taking more than 20 to 30 minutes and those deleted appointments are still in the iCloud calendar.

Is this an expected sync time? Every sync program I've ever used goes much faster than this.

Also: I have not checked "Mail" in iCloud because I have my main POP e-mail from my ISP downloading e-mails directly to the iPHone. I also have several other accounts doing the same. If I check "Mail" in iCloud control panel and then turn it on in the iPhone settings, what gets synced? Just my Inbox? Does a OLMixedFolder tab show up in the Inbox properties as it does in the other folders?

Thanks!

Edit: I checked the "Show hidden icons" window in the lower right corner of the Windows 7 desktop and it indicates that OLMixedFolders is still syncing; after around 20 minutes or so, it's still only "34%" synced. My PC has 8GB of RAM, by the way.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Hello,

There yre something different on the iCloud Store so we don't act directly after a change was happen. But please check your versionnumber, if you have version below 1.48.10, please use a newer one. You can find the newest version here.

BR
SIL
emjayess

Post by emjayess »

Thanks for your help, but I'm not sure which version I have, exactly, and I don't know how to check.

Anyway, I couldn't wait for OLMIxedFolders any longer and had to find a solution for this week; therefore, I am now using CompanionLink for Outlook with the DejaOffice app on the iPhone. This has been a nice solution that's better than the native iPhone apps and allows me to avoid putting private data in the cloud. Therefore, please let me know how I can get a refund.