Another Synchronization problem

Synchronize your Outlook on two or more machines. OLFolderSync works in the background through e-mail and can be password protected.
OLFolderSync does not require a server.
fred_dot_u

Another Synchronization problem

Post by fred_dot_u »

OLFolderSync is not synchronizing between PC1 and PC2 for incoming data to PC1
PC1 can make changes in Calendar and Contacts which are sent to PC2 and processed as expected.
PC2 can make changes in the same folders. Outlook email receives the messages, which remain in the inbox and are not processed by OLFolderSync

I uninstalled OLFolderSync and re-installed OLFolderSync with the same results. During the process of checking the properties for the two folders, I discovered that the recipients remained in place. I found the forum entry that suggests to edit the registry and did so after uninstalling OLFolderSync.

On re-installing OLFolderSync, the settings were gone, and were then re-entered and checked for accuracy.

Another test shows that PC1 is sending the data fine and is again receiving the emails from PC2, but not processing it.

This problem came about when OLFolderSync was removed from the old computer and re-installed on a new computer. I'm not sure what other tests/fixes to perform in order to resolve the problem. PC3 is having no problems with PC2 and PC2 is having no problems with PC3.

I will be sending purchase information directly under private message system for validation of purchase, as noted in another post to the forum.

thank you

fred
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Another Synchronization problem

Post by Sven »

The processing is done by a rule in Outlook, which is moving the OLFolderSync mails into the OLFolderSync folder. These should be directly at the root of your mailbox.
After that, OLFolderSync knows the mails have to do with it and will process this mails. If all this is not happened, you can rightclick onto the folder where the incoming OLFolderSync mails are in and choose properties => OLFolderSync. Tick the first checkbox "alternative inbox". And now it should work again.
fred_dot_u

Post by fred_dot_u »

I have not yet attempted the fix you have selected, but I can see that it is promising. The user in this case is the only user with two email accounts for Outlook. Thank you for your quick response. I will contact the user and suggest the adjustment.
fred_dot_u

Post by fred_dot_u »

I've just heard back from the client. There is no "alternative inbox" option, but there is the "use this folder as inbox" which now has a tick in it. The user did not restart any program or the computer and told me it wasn't working. In the interim, of course, the computer was restarted, and the program was restarted and now the synch is working properly. Something so small, so simple, and so easily overlooked.

Thank you for your quick support.

Problem solved.