Can't get the category to automatically enter in the default

Synchronize your Outlook on two or more machines. OLFolderSync works in the background through e-mail and can be password protected.
OLFolderSync does not require a server.
mberman

Can't get the category to automatically enter in the default

Post by mberman »

I am trying to get two way syncing of the journal going. I have two issues. First, when I uninstalled/reinstalled it says the category is already in use, even though the syncing was turned off. Second, I ticked the box in the default journal for "Attach this category for the syncronized objects." However, when I create a new journal entry in the default folder it doesn't sync with the public folder journal.

Any suggestions?

-Mark
mberman

Re: Can't get the category to automatically enter in the default

Post by mberman »

By way of an update, the automatic category IS working for contacts. Just not for the journal.
-Mark
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

Do you really mean OLFolderSync ? Or do you mean OLMixedFolders because of the synchronization from default folder to public folder and back ?
mberman

Post by mberman »

I mean the OLMixedFolders. I am trying to get both changes made on the iphone to sync with the public folder and changes made by others in the public folder to sync with the default folder and thus be visible on the iphone. The progam just doesn't seem to work for me.
Sven
Site Admin

Post by Sven »

The problem is that you have to enter the right category into the entry, so the AddIn will know the target for the object in defaultfolder. Since the iPhone can't add categories to the items i have made a new OLMixedFolders tab under the default folder. Here you can enter the categorie you want to attach automatically to the items entered in the default folder. (in your case it should be the category you entered on the public folder)