Desktop Calendar Goes Blank

Users of Microsoft® Outlook® will welcome this utility. It displays appointments and tasks on your desktop so you don’t loose track. The desktop image remains fully visible. NVN displays Outlook appointments and tasks in a month-, week- or 5-day view on the desktop.
stewlis

Desktop Calendar Goes Blank

Post by stewlis »

I noticed that periodically, my desktop calendar goes blank and I have to restart NVN to make it work again. I have noticed that this particularly happens when I add or modify calendar information. It seems that while the Outlook calendar updates, NVN gets confused and tries to update, but something goes wrong and the NVN calendar clears out all data and everything is just blank. If I close NVN and re-start it, it works again until I need to add/change data in the calendar. It doesn't seem to matter whether I right-click the NVN desktop calendar to access Outlook calendar or if I just open the Outlook program and make the changes/additions directly, I get the same result. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Sven
Site Admin

Re: Desktop Calendar Goes Blank

Post by Sven »

Hello,

I have no idea what this can be. The first thing you can do ist to check the outlook.pst file for errors. Please run the tool scanpst.exe and choose your outlook.pst file. Now it will scan the file and if there is an error it can fix it.

best regards
Sven
stewlis

Re: Desktop Calendar Goes Blank

Post by stewlis »

Thank you for the suggestion. I ran the check and it did find some errors; corrected them and re-loaded the calendar from the corrected file. I will see if this fixes the problem. Thanks!